Work Station: GMC RESTAURANT AND FUN PLACE
GMC Restaurant and Funplace seeks to hire results-oriented, experienced, and self-driven Bar Manager responsible for organizing the activities of the bar/lounge, maintain high standards of beverage, quality service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service and ensuring customer satisfaction. Successful candidates will be reporting to the General Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling customer complaints and ensuring satisfaction.
- Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that bar is well staffed during peak hours.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times maintain the highest level of employee/customer relations.
- Manage the business aspects of the bar, such as keeping a current liquor license, negotiating supplier contracts, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
- Monitoring the set-up of the bar, lounge.
- Assisting with the set-up of bar, lounge, private functions and hospitalities when needed.
- Reporting and following established company procedures on any disciplinary problems or deviations from normal procedures.
- Adhere to the policies of the Hotel as set forth in the Employee Handbook and document and report any observed violations to Human Resources.
- Ensure training program is in place and used on a daily basis.
- Assign and instruct bar and lounge staff in details of work
- Proving daily bar/lounge report.
- Stock taking and stock management of the Lounge.
- Develop and implement basic operating standards for bar and lounge service in compliance with Kenya Alcohol Regulation Policies/Alcoholic Drinks Controls Act (e.g. Employee Alcohol Awareness Training and Compliance).
- Overseeing the functions of the department to include general bar and lounge service to private functions.
- Participate in the development of the annual budget for the bar and lounge.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Planning and taking part in promotional events
- Maximize bar and lounge profitability; implement effective controls of beverage and labor costs and monitor the bar’s and lounge’s budget to ensure efficient operations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labor expenses.
- Ensure bar stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, requisition, retrieving and stocking product.
- Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation.
- Develop and implement cost savings and profit enhancement measures.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel
Desired skills and qualifications
- BA/Equivalent in Hospitality Management or related field
- Three-year experience in similar role.
- Strong understanding of business management and accounting principles.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Very creative and innovative.
- Excellent computer, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of beverage operations, drinks/cocktails
- Knowledge of beers, liquors and wines.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Indicate position applying for as the SUBJECT EMAIL.
- Please apply using: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for Application: 21st January 2023
- We do not charge any recruitment fee to candidates for interviews and job placements.
- Due to the huge number of applications, we get only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.