The Award-winning GMC Fun Place located in Kitengela is introducing the biggest conference facility in Kajiado. We are currently looking for an experienced Business Development Manager – Conferencing with a solid background in driving organizational growth by creating new opportunities through conferences and events.
The eligible person will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of business Sales and marketing operations as well as setting strategic goals for the future with the key goal being to ensure the profitability of the establishment’s conference activities and events aimed at driving sustainable development and long-term success
Duties and responsibilities:
- Plan and undertake sales and promotional activity, focusing on securing conferences, meetings and events in order to meet budgetary and other targets.
- Develop an annual sales and marketing plan to maximize revenue / profit and meet budgeted
- Promote the GMC conference & events facilities to existing and new customers through face-to-face meetings and presentations, visits and telephone calls, including show rounds and attendance at key industry
- Undertake in-depth account management to develop strong customer relationships and carry out all duties with high levels of customer care ensuring high levels of customer
- Establish and manage sales systems ensuring details of all client inquiries, profiles, their requirements and interests, and relevant sales activity are kept up to
- Research, identify and convert new conference and events clients and
- Monitor and report on the local and national market and
- Achieve agreed sales Key Performance Indicators ( KPIs) as set by the management.
- Assess overall conferencing financial performance and report on periodic performances.
- Visit various types of trade events and exhibitions, network and create more sales opportunities
- Assist the conference team in the delivery of conference activity, where additional support is
- Contribute new ideas to marketing team to increase brand awareness.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the position and grade
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3-5 years’ experience in sales or business development from events/conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business.
- Financial management of budgets, sales forecasts and revenue.
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM Software.
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving mindset.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent understanding of hospitality conferencing best practices.
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Honest with outstanding interpersonal skills
- High integrity, maturity and good character
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making
How to apply;
Applicants who meet the above criteria are required to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – GMC CONFERENCING” being the subject of the email and with detailed CV, names & addresses of three referees from the most recent/former employer.
Application Deadline: – 15th January 2024.
- We do not charge for job applications and interviews.
- Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
- Due to the huge number of applications we get only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Applicants give the company express consent to conduct background checks for employment suitability.